Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Turkey Tracks Quilt Block and a Thanksgiving Recipe, Part 2

 
I found the pattern for this 9" Turkey Tracks quilt block here from Quilters Cache.  It's paper pieced, which is not my favorite way to construct a block.  I do like the precise points you get with paper piecing, though.  This block also goes by another name - Resolutions.
 
Photo taken behind our home
 
Here's another Thanksgiving favorite at our house:
 
Cranberry Pineapple Salad
1 (6 ounce) package raspberry-flavored gelatin
1-3/4 cups boiling water
1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
¾ cup orange juice
1 tablespoon lemon juice
½ cup chopped walnuts
½ cup chopped celery, optional
 
1.  In a 9 x 13-inch baking dish, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. 
2.  Break up and stir in cranberry sauce. 
3.  Add pineapple, orange juice, lemon juice, and walnuts.  Chill until firm.

You might also enjoy reading my previous blog post here .


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers. Your comments make my day!