Saturday, February 8, 2014

February Redwork Snowman and Valentine Food for Thought

 

Valentine Food for Thought

CABBAGE always has a heart;
GREEN BEANS string along.
You’re such a cute TOMATO,
Will you PEAS to me belong?
You’ve been the APPLE of my eye,
You know how much I care;
 
So LETTUCE get together,
We’d make a perfect PEAR           
Now, something’s sure to TURNIP,
To prove you can’t be BEET;
So, if you CARROT all for me,
Let’s let our TULIPS meet.
Don’t SQUASH my hopes and dreams now,
Be my HONEY, dear;
Or tears will fill POTATO’s eyes,
While SWEET CORN lends an ear.

I’ll CAULIFLOWER shop and say,
Your dreams are PARSLEY mine.
I’ll work and share my CELERY,
So be my valentine.

Jeanne Losey

Corn and Beans Quilt Block Pattern Information

Do you enjoy doing redwork or other handworkInquiring minds want to know!

You might also enjoy reading my previous blog post Prairie Queen Quilt Block, Laura Ingalls Wilder, and Laura's Gingerbread Recipe.

5 comments:

  1. Too cute.

    I'm a want to be Redwork person. Love yours. Speaking of which, if you haven't already, you may want to check out the Year of Red and White Quilt Challenges I'm hosting. Would love to see your redwork entered.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy embroidery, EPP, and crochet

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brain is a bit foggy but my hands work well and it's not hard to keep them busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I love handwork--needlepoint, red work, knitting, needleturn applique, EPP.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers. Your comments make my day!