Sunday, January 5, 2014

Morning Quilt Block and a Song for Sunday

Morning Quilt Block
Holy, Holy, Holy
 
Holy, holy, holy!  Lord God Almighty!
Early in the morning our song shall rise to Thee.
Holy, holy, holy!  Merciful and mighty!
God in three Persons, Blessed Trinity!
 
Holy, holy, holy!  All the saints adore Thee,
Casting down their golden crowns around the glassy sea;
Cherubim and seraphim falling down before Thee
Which wert, and art, and evermore shall be.
 
Holy, holy, holy!  Though the darkness hide Thee,
Though the eye of sinful man Thy glory may not see,
Only Thou art holy; there is none beside Thee
Perfect in power, in love, and purity.
 
Holy, holy, holy!  Lord God Almighty!
All Thy works shall praise Thy name in earth and sky and sea;
Only Thou art holy; there is none beside Thee
God in three Persons, blessed Trinity.
 
Words by Reginald Heber, 1826
 
 







You might also enjoy reading my previous blog post Quilters' Book Club January Selection and Winners! 

5 comments:

  1. Bright and fresh block! Love it and the photos.....wish we a 'little' snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bolder seems to celebrate the changes of seasons and weather. Happy Sunday to you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a huge reader except for 2 Bible/ book study groups that keep me busy, but this group sounds like such a wonderful mix of my favorite things. So blessed to find you. I may jump in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thankful that you found me! And I'd love to have you jump in and read along with us!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! Both the block, the song, and the snowy photos. Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers. Your comments make my day!