Friday, December 20, 2013

Colorado Beauty Quilt Block and The Simple Woman's Daybook


Simple Woman's Daybook for December 20, 2013

Outside my window . . . there is frost on every tree, shrub, and plant.  The sky is completely white.  It's beautiful!

I am thankful . . . that this is the first Christmas I get to celebrate as a grandma.  So exciting!

In the kitchen . . . I'm making chili ahead of time in preparation for our traditional Christmas Eve supper. 

I am hearing . . . wonderful Christmas carols on Pandora.

I am creating . . . a home that's ready for a 7 month old - with high chair, Pack 'n Play, baby tub, toys, plenty of board books, and stuffed animals.   

I am going . . . to do a bit more shopping tomorrow for groceries and stocking stuffers.
 
I am reading . . . The Christmas Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini for the Quilters' Book Club and The Worst Hard Time by Timothy Egan for my Raspberry Mountain Readers Book Club.  Just for fun, I'm reading the middle grade novel Al Capone Shines My Shoes by Jennifer Choldenko.  I had previously read her Al Capone Does My Shirts (a Newbery Honor book), and this book is the second in the series.
I am hoping . . . for good travel weather.
 
I am looking forward to . . . having my family here!
 
I am learning . . . how to prepare a home for a grandchild!
Around the house . . . the Christmas tree and decorations are up, and the house feels very festive.
 
I am pondering . . . my menus for the upcoming week.
 
One of my favorite things . . . is the Christmas season and getting to spend it with family.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . .  cooking, baking, cleaning, last-minute shopping, celebrating the 4th Sunday in Advent, a potluck at church after the service, and FAMILY! 
 
 
 
You might also enjoy reading my previous blog post here.

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy your Christmas with your new grandchild. It will be a wonderful time! It's hard for me not to tear up every time I hear "Away in a Manger." My son (now 36) was born a week before Christmas, and so that carol has special meaning for me. I love reading your posts. Merry Merry Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    Judy in Euless TX

    ReplyDelete
  2. How precious that this is your first Christmas with a new grand little one. I found your site from Simple Woman's Daybook and am very interested in joining along next year if you do this again. I crochet and have adapted many quilt type patterns to crochet. Can I join along? If you're not doing it again, I may just play catch up with this year's books and squares. Thanks for the sweet post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would absolutely love to have you, Shannon! And so happy that you found me through the Simple Woman's Daybook!

      Delete

I love hearing from readers. Your comments make my day!