Monday, November 11, 2013

Land of Liberty Quilt Block, a Special World War II Soldier, and Veteran's Day

 

My daddy, Douglas George, 1945
World War II Veteran
69th Division, First Army
 
"On this day in history, the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month, World War I ended in 1918.  In 1954, the Armistice Day holiday was officially changed to Veterans Day in the United States and Remembrance Day in British Commonwealth countries."  Children's Book-a-Day Almanac

  
You might also enjoy reading my previous blog post here.

5 comments:

  1. What a handsome man. Loved to read your post and see the pix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A brave and patriotic young man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't he handsome? And so young!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am reading Anne Perry's series about World War I. (having read many of her Victorian mysteries). Those veterans were really to be celebrated for the sacrifices they made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt block and a handsome man, your dad! I know you are very proud of him! Happy (belated) Veteran's Day!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers. Your comments make my day!