Sunday, September 22, 2013

Hill and Valley Quilt Block and A Song for Sunday

Hill and Valley Quilt Block
 
 
God Owns the Cattle
God owns the cattle on a thousand hills,
The wealth in every mine;
 

He owns the rivers and the rocks and rills,
The sun and stars that shine.



 
Wonderful riches, more than tongue can tell -
He is my Father so they’re mine as well;
 

 
God owns the cattle on a thousand hills -
I know that He will care for me.

by John W. Peterson (1921-2006), published 1948.
 
You might also enjoy reading my previous blog post here.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this song. I often sing it to myself when I see cattle out in the fields as we drive. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The red and white of the rocks were similar to those we just saw on a trip to Utah - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers. Your comments make my day!