Sunday, February 10, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook



Simple Woman's Daybook for February 10, 2013

Outside my window . . . snow is gently falling, and more snow is expected tomorrow.  It's beautiful!

I am thankful . . . for the very special family times we had in January.  First, we celebrated my dad's 90th birthday.  His wife (my mom), all his children (three daughters), ten out of eleven grandchildren, and all two great-grandchildren were able to come from across the United States to honor him and reminisce about family times over the years.  Next, we celebrated my mother's 86th birthday at a fun restaurant with all of her daughters.  Finally, a son and daughter-in-law came for a baby shower for my very first grandchild.  It was a wonderful January!

In the kitchen . . . four loaves of banana nut bread are baking in the oven.  The smell is wonderful!  

I am hearing . . . Season 3 of Downton Abbey on T.V.  I am writing and watching at the same time.  I can also hear a fire crackling in the fireplace!  

I am creating . . . a Redwork Birdie Calendar Quilt designed by Little Miss Shabby.  I enjoy having a small piece of handwork always ready to work on.  I am nearly finished with the February block.   

I am going . . . to head to the living room with my redwork when I finish this post so I can enjoy the fire. 

I am reading . . . Stone Fox by John Reynolds Gardiner with my 4th grade book club, The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (Great Illustrated Classics) by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle with the Domination Readers (5th grade boys book club), and The Quilt Walk by Sandra Dallas.  I love being a reading teacher!

I am hoping . . . for more snow.  We need the moisture!

I am looking forward to . . . watching my hyacinths continue to bloom.  It's such a treat to have bulbs in the house during the wintertime as a sign of the spring to come. 

I am learning . . . how to run an online book club for quilters.

Around the house . . . my husband is reading a book in front of the fireplace.  I will be joining him soon!

I am pondering . . . how to organize my blog to accommodate the Quilters' Book Club! 

One of my favorite things . . . is the 5th grade boys' book club, Domination Readers.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . lunch with longtime friends, my book club meeting, and Valentine parties at school. 



Go to http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/  if you'd like to participate or read other women's daybook entries.

You might enjoy reading my previous blog post:

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I agree, Julie! I'm not good at keeping a diary, so these daybook posts serve as sort of a diary for me.

      Delete

I love hearing from readers. Your comments make my day!